Deposits & Bookings
- Payment in full in advance is required to secure your booking. Bookings are not secured until we have acknowledged so after receipt of your payment.
- Bookings are awarded on a first come first serve basis.
- If we cancel the dives (due to weather or another reason), you will be given the option to get a refund, or to reschedule.
- If you cancel your booking with less than 48 hour notice your payment it forfeited, regardless of the reason you cancel.
- Courses: If you do not pitch up for a day on course that have a booked there will be a R1000 surcharge, which will be payable before the course can continue.
- If we cancel the dives (due to weather or another reason), you will be refunded in full.
- No refunds will be given to divers not able to dive due to ear problems, sea sickness, could not equalise, or reasons of their own on the day.
- If we unable to take you diving due to conditions or reasons on our part, we will refund you in full if you do not want to reschedule.
- Refunds need to be collected in the same way as in which payment was done – if you paid by card the refund will be on the card, if by internet then the refund will be by internet, etc.
- Refunds will be processed in South African Rand. We do not take any responsibility for currency fluctuations that might occur, which can affect the amount you get back once converted back into another currency. Depending on the exchange rate at the time, what you get back in your own currency might be more, or less, than initially paid by you.
- Refunds on courses: see "Courses" below
- A 48 hour cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
- If you are booked for a course, and do not arrive for a day that you booked, there will be a R1000 surcharge towards completion of your course/dives.
- There will be no refunds for courses not completed.
- When you book a course, certain time lines apply:
- When you start a course you have 3 months to finish the course. After 3 months, a refresher will need to be done before continuing on your course. The cost of a refresher will be as advertised on our website.
- If you started a course, and have not finished it within a year, you will need to redo the course from the start, at a cost of 50% of the normal course price - should you wish to finish.
- If you have not finished the course within 3 years, and you still wish to be certified, you will need to redo the full course and will have no credit towards the course.
- It is the responsibility of the student to keep track of his/her booking timelines, and to book dive days for his/her course.
- If you arrive more than 30 minutes late for a booking, the rest of the group will go on to proceed with their dives. Deposits paid towards your dives will be forfeited.
- Please make sure that your MPA permit (which you can get from us at the shop) is with you at the dive site at all times.
- While we take upmost care to evaluate diving and ocean conditions for safe diving, it remains the responsibility of the diver to decide if he is comfortable with diving conditions or not. Please feel free to not partake in a dive if you feel uncomfortable. Only dive in conditions with which you are familiar with/have been trained for.
- If you are sick on the day, please do not dive, for your own safety.
- We provide an optional free of charge pick-up service in the Cape Town city center area.
- Pick-ups have to be arranged in advance
- We reserve the right to decide whether your specific location is close enough for a pick-up or not.
- If you booked a pick-up with us, please be ready in the lobby of the hotel at the appointed time.
Into the Blue Child Policy
At Into the Blue, we love children. There are however, a few ocean related realities that we need to communicate.
Cape Town’s oceans can be very unpredictable. Water is cold, strong winds are the norm, and ocean surface conditions can be harsh – windy, choppy, sea spray in your face, and in the sun. For these reasons, we have the following guidelines when it comes to children:
- Minimum age 10. Parent must accompany on the dive
- Minimum age 8 years old. Must be able to swim
- Minimum age 6 years old.
Parents must keep in mind that
- Children’s’ dive times are often shorter, as they get colder quicker.
- A situation might arise where the wind and sea swells pick up to a point where we deem the sea conditions not to be suitable to children, but still OK for adults. This might result in dives being cancelled for the children, even if the boat still goes out for adults. We do not do this lightly, but safety always comes first. The final call lies with the dive professionals and the skipper on the boat as they know conditions the best.
- In the event that we cancel dives due to conditions clients are to either reschedule, or get a refund.