I dived with Into the blue last week, and despite having an early meeting time was greeted by the staff with instant smiles and friendliness. Within 15 minutes the blond lady at reception had our whole groups paperwork sorted, gear packed, and introductions given.
There was a groupf of about 7 of us, and we all got to know eachother and the rest of the staff very well throughout the day. Everyone of the staff was friendly and happy to lend a helping hand, and they were very thorough and professional throughout the day.
The dive conditions didn't end up being so good, but the skipper GP was wise enough to call off the second dive for safety and we were sorted out back at the shop with rescheduling and refunds.
Very well done, and I would highly recommend for any divers visiting Cape town. I will be back to dive with Into the blue again!!!
EFRI (EMERGENCY FIRST RESPONSE INSTRUCTOR) COURSE CAPE TOWN - INTRODUCTION
Did you enjoy your First Aid Course? Would you like to teach others the skills that you learned during your EFR courses? Earn an income and make the world a safer place by becoming a First Aid Instructor!
During your EFRI Course you will build upon the skills that you have already learned in your EFR courses, and you will learn how to teach these skills to others. Having your EFRI rating is also a step in the right direction if you would like to become an Open Water Scuba Instructor, as this is one of the prerequisites for becoming a Scuba Instructor.
This program also makes provision for those individuals who are already qualified as First Aid Instructors to complete an Instructor Cross Over course that recognizes their training experience and concentrates on the philosophy and structure of the EFR program while building confidence in use of the EFR system of education. Non divers are also welcome!
Quick overview of the EFRI Course in Cape Town
- Duration: 1 day
- Must have valid First Aid qualifications for:
- First Aid Primary Care
- First Aid Secondary Care
- First Aid Care for Children
- Qualifies you to teach the EFR First Aid Course for adults, and the EFR Care for Children Course.
EFRI (EMERGENCY FIRST RESPONSE INSTRUCTOR) COURSE OUTLINE
This course is conducted in the classroom of Into the Blue Scuba Dive Centre, or at a 5 star conference venue. This course consists out of a theoretical and a practical part.
The following will be done during you EFRI Course:
- Review of First Aid Primary Care
- Review of First Aid Secondary Care
- Review of First Aid Care for Children
- Theory and techniques behind teaching the EFRI Course
- General Standards and Procedures of EFRI
- Teaching and demonstrating the skills and techniques of
- EFR First Aid for Adults Primary and Secondary Care
- EFR First Aid for Children Primary and Secondary Care
- Emergency First Response Participant Manual
- Emergency First Response Care for Children Participant Manual
- EmergencyFirst Response Primary and Secondary Care Instructor Guide.
- Emergency First Response DVD
- Emergency First Response Care for Children Instructor Guide
- Emergency First Response Care for Children DVD
EFRI COURSE – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- I have a First Aid qualification from another organization, can I become an EFR Instructor?
Yes, you can. You need to do an EFRI crossover program, which we can do at the same time as a normal EFRI Course.
- How long does my EFRI qualification stay valid?
You need to do at least one EFR course every 2 years to stay in teaching status. If your teaching status lapses, you need to do a ERFI Refresher Course.