I dived with Into the blue last week, and despite having an early meeting time was greeted by the staff with instant smiles and friendliness. Within 15 minutes the blond lady at reception had our whole groups paperwork sorted, gear packed, and introductions given.
There was a groupf of about 7 of us, and we all got to know eachother and the rest of the staff very well throughout the day. Everyone of the staff was friendly and happy to lend a helping hand, and they were very thorough and professional throughout the day.
The dive conditions didn't end up being so good, but the skipper GP was wise enough to call off the second dive for safety and we were sorted out back at the shop with rescheduling and refunds.
Very well done, and I would highly recommend for any divers visiting Cape town. I will be back to dive with Into the blue again!!!
PADI UNDERWATER NAVIGATOR COURSE CAPE TOWN - INTRODUCTION
Do you get lost easily underwater? Do you have trouble navigating your way through a dive site? Or do you just feel uncomfortable unless you have a Divemaster leading you? Then the PADI Underwater Navigator specialty course is the right one for you!
It will teach you the confidence to feel safe and at ease when diving on your own or with a buddy, without a Divemaster present.
After completing this course you will feel much more capable at dive planning, and in natural and compass navigating techniques. Take control of where your scuba diving will take you, and expand your horizons in leadership and confidence!
Quick overview of the PADI Underwater Navigator Course in Cape Town
- You must have your PADI Open Water certification
- Duration: 3 scuba dives (minimum 2 days)
- Minimum age: 12
- Duration is 3 days:
It will focus on, the importance of navigation underwater, distance estimation, natural navigation, under water patterns, compass navigation and scuba dive site relocation.
- Extra equipment: a compass.
- Bring your swimsuit, sunscreen, towel, and a snack.
PADI UNDERWATER NAVIGATOR COURSE OUTLINE
We meet each morning at the Into the Blue shop in Cape Town as our central starting point. Here we do registration, theory and we also get your equipment. Meeting times are normally at 09:15. You can expect to be finished between 3 and 6 in the afternoon, depending on where we are diving on that day. Your will do both theory and practical which will comprise of:
There are two theory parts:
- PADI Underwater Navigator Video
- PADI Underwater Navigator Manual, complete and review the Knowledge reviews
- Scuba Dive One:
- Natural and Compass Navigation
- Distance estimation
- Navigate in a straight line using natural navigation
- Navigate in a straight line using compass navigation
- Navigate in a square pattern using a compass
- Scuba Dive Two:
- Navigating a route with a compass
- Multiple- leg compass course
- Fixing a specific location for relocation
- Scuba Dive Three:
- Navigating a route with a compass and underwater marker
- Underwater compass course
- Relocate location from dive two
PADI UNDERWATER SCUBA NAVIGATOR COURSE – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do you provide a compass or must we have our own?
We have a limited number of compasses, so if we have available we can rent to you, however it is a good idea to have your own compass for future dives.
- Why would I want to do the underwater navigator course?
It enables you to make more accurate and safer diving plans as well as making you feel more confident in scuba diving without a Divemaster present.
- Are compasses expensive?
Depending on the type of compass you want they can range between R525 – R1050.
- Is it difficult?
No it is not. We make sure that you are taught correctly to ensure that you have all the necessary skills to navigate under water.