I dived with Into the blue last week, and despite having an early meeting time was greeted by the staff with instant smiles and friendliness. Within 15 minutes the blond lady at reception had our whole groups paperwork sorted, gear packed, and introductions given.
There was a groupf of about 7 of us, and we all got to know eachother and the rest of the staff very well throughout the day. Everyone of the staff was friendly and happy to lend a helping hand, and they were very thorough and professional throughout the day.
The dive conditions didn't end up being so good, but the skipper GP was wise enough to call off the second dive for safety and we were sorted out back at the shop with rescheduling and refunds.
Very well done, and I would highly recommend for any divers visiting Cape town. I will be back to dive with Into the blue again!!!
PADI DRY SUIT SPECIALTY SCUBA COURSE CAPE TOWN - INTRODUCTION
Are you one of those people who get cold very easily? Is it the cold that often prevents you from making repetitive dives and missing out on the fun? Or do you just want to make your diving experience to be more comfortable and extend your scuba dive times? Then the PADI Dry Suit Speciality is definitely for you!
Being able to scuba dive in a Dry Suit expands your horizons immensely. Your list of travel destinations broaden and it adds to the comfort that you feel on a dive enabling you to scuba dive for longer in colder water and enjoy it!
This speciality allows you to experience take the chill out of diving in cold water, and to put the fun back into it.
Quick overview of the PADI Dry Suit Specialty Scuba Course in Cape Town
- You must have your PADI Open Water certification
- Duration: 3 dives (minimum 2 days)
- Minimum age: 12
- The course will take place over two days where the first day will be spent in the pool or doing one confined water dive. The second day will consist of two open water dives where you will learn the techniques of dry suit diving.
- Bring your swimsuit, sunscreen, towel, warm undergarment to wear under your dry suit and a snack to eat.
PADI DRY SUIT SPECIALTY SCUBA COURSE OUTLINE
We meet each morning at the Into the Blue shop in Cape Town as our central starting point. Here we do registration, theory and we also get your scuba equipment. Meeting times are normally at 09:15. You can expect to be finished between 3 and 6 in the afternoon, depending on where we are diving on the day. Your course includes both theory and practical aspects in the course, this consists of:
There are two theory elements to this course:
- Participants have to watch the PADI Dry Suit Diving DVD
- Participants have to read PADI Dry Suit Diving Manual, and complete and review the Knowledge Reviews.
- Confined water:
- Evaluating equipment and kitting up with a dry suit
- Dry suit diving skills
- Open Water dive one:
- Neutral Buoyancy control
- Do a fun scuba dive!
- Open Water Dive two:
- Disconnecting and reconnecting the low-pressure inflator hose from dry suit
- Do a fun scuba dive!
- Neutrally buoyant assent
PADI DRY SUIT SPECIALTY COURSE – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do you provide a dry suit or must we have our own?
We have a limited number of dry suits, so if we have your size you can rent one, however if we don’t have your size you will need to acquire your own.
- How deep do we scuba?
For this diving speciality course you won’t scuba dive deeper than 18m.
- Does it keep you completely dry?
No it doesn’t keep you completely dry, your face and hands are not covered by your dry suit so they will get wet otherwise the rest of you should stay dry.
- Is it comfortable?
Yes! It is very comfortable! You shouldn’t be cold at all.
- Why would I want to do the dry suit course?
If you get cold easily and you want to make your diving experience more comfortable and enjoyable, then this is for you. In fact, you may never go back to a normal wet suit!
- Are Dry suits expensive?
Scubapro Dry Suits cost between R8295 - R9995, but the benefit is that a dry suit that is well looked after will last a very long time, so the benefits far outweigh the cost.
- Is it difficult?
With the proper training that you get from this course it is not difficult.