I dived with Into the blue last week, and despite having an early meeting time was greeted by the staff with instant smiles and friendliness. Within 15 minutes the blond lady at reception had our whole groups paperwork sorted, gear packed, and introductions given.
There was a groupf of about 7 of us, and we all got to know eachother and the rest of the staff very well throughout the day. Everyone of the staff was friendly and happy to lend a helping hand, and they were very thorough and professional throughout the day.
The dive conditions didn't end up being so good, but the skipper GP was wise enough to call off the second dive for safety and we were sorted out back at the shop with rescheduling and refunds.
Very well done, and I would highly recommend for any divers visiting Cape town. I will be back to dive with Into the blue again!!!
PADI DEEP DIVER SCUBA COURSE CAPE TOWN - INTRODUCTION
After exploring the wonders of the underwater world for a while, you get a bit curious to see what lies below when you go even deeper! There are things mysterious and exciting that attracts us to the deep. Having your Deep Specialty will enable you to go even deeper, down to 40 meters. This is especially handy if you would like to visit a specific destination – such as a deep wreck or reef.
Explore the underwater world to the limit, with the PADI Deep Diver Specialty Course and discover wonders that few people get to see firsthand.
Quick overview of the PADI Deep Diver Scuba Diving Course in Cape Town
- Course duration: 2-3 Days
- Day 1: DVD & diving theory
- Day 2: 2 dives
- Days 3: 2 dives
- You have the option of watching the Deep Diver DVD and doing the theory as a self-study in the comfort of your own home, or in our classroom. It’s your choice. The course is constructed around your needs
- No need for 3 consecutive days
- Please remember your swimsuit, towel, sunscreen and a snack.
- Minimum age is 15 years
PADI DEEP DIVER SCUBA DIVING COURSE OUTLINE
On the days we dive, we will meet at the Into the Blue Dive Centre in Cape Town, at 9h15 in the morning. It is here where we do the registration, theory work and kit you out with the scuba equipment that you will need for your scuba dives. Divers can expect to be finished by between 3 and 6 in the afternoon, depending on where we dive in the Cape on that day.
Scuba Diving Course Theory
Before we can dive right in, we need to do a bit of theory first to explain to you exactly how Deep Diving works.
- Participants have to watch the PADI Deep Diver DVD
- Participants have to read, complete and review the knowledge reviews of the PADI Deep Diver Specialty manual
Practical scuba diving
The course comprises of 4 scuba dives in total around Cape Town. The focus will be on the following:
- Ascents and decents
- Checking for Nitrogen Narcosis
- Comparing accuracy of gauges
- Checking the effects of pressure on various items at depth
- Navigation at depth
- Performing an ascent at a safe rate, using a line as reference only
- Describing and recording color changes at depth
- Performing an 8 minute decompression stop at 5 meters while breathing from an emergency air source
- Ascend and descend without the aid of a reference line, but with the aid of a wall or sloping bottom
- Use computer or depth gauge and watch to measure a safe ascent rate
- Doing a safety stop without a line
This course is constructed in a way as to teach you diving in a safe and exciting way. You can be rest assured that, as a PADI Deep Diver, your certification will be recognised anywhere you might go in the world.
PADI DEEP DIVER SCUBA DIVING COURSE – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How deep can I go after this qualification?
A maximum depth of 40m, which is the maximum depth in recreational diving.
- Is it safe?
Yes, very safe. We are very strict to follow PADI standards and our Recreational Dive Planners
- Why deep diving?
This specialty will enable you to dive on deeper wrecks and sites that you would otherwise not be able to visit.
- What’s after the deep diver course?
You're one step closer to your Master Scuba Diver! Do 5 specialties and acquire the highest non-professional rating.