Dive Master Internship
Imagine slowly drifting over the reefs, with the soft sound of bubbles rising above you. Image a life of sunny beaches, exhilarating boat rides, palm trees, and beautiful dives… waking up in the morning to the sound of the waves, looking forward to a day of scuba diving.
This could be your life!
Becoming a PADI Divemaster is the key to living this dream. A Divemaster is a bit like being an underwater tour guide – you lead scuba dives on wrecks or reefs, or you assist with the training of new divers.
A typical Divemaster’s role would be to prepare scuba gear in the morning for clients, leading the dives of the day, and washing up and getting ready for the next days’ dives again.
Does this sound like something you would enjoy? Then read below on how to go from Novice to Divemaster in just three months!
To become a PADI Divemaster, there are various courses that need to be completed, as well a significant amount of experience and dives that need to be obtained.
At Into the Blue Scuba Dive Centre, we have designed an internship program that will help you get all of this in just three months. The internship is based on the principle that you pay for the individual courses, while we give you the extra dives and experience needed to complete your Divemaster Course at no charge. In turn for this, you help us out at our dive school. Your duties can include anything that needs to be done for us to run a dive school.
Typically, internship duties can include:
- Preparing equipment for clients
- Helping on dives
- Washing of boats and equipment
- Helping in our office if needed
- Participating with us on a marketing run.
The idea is to give you as much experience as possible in the diving environment, so that you will be an asset to any dive school that you go work at as a Divemaster. This way, the internship is beneficial for both us and you. The internship is not a paid internship.
Courses & experience that need to be completed during this time are:
- PADI Open Water Course
- PADI Advanced Course
- PADI Rescue Course
- Emergency First Response Course (CPR & 1st Aid)
- PADI Divemaster Course
- You will need to log a minimum of 60 dives
You can start your internship at any time, and we recommend that you dive with us 5 days a week to be able to complete in 3 months. You can do fewer days – for example if you only have weekends available – but keep in mind that the fewer days you do the longer it will take you to get to qualify. Talk to us if you have special scheduling requests
Who is eligible for the program?
- You need to be a minimum of 18 years old
- You need to be reasonably healthy and should be able to swim. Download our medical questionnaire here. A “yes” answer to any of the conditions on the questionnaire does not mean that you will not be able to dive, but you would need a doctor to sign you off for diving.
- Professionalism is important to us. When it comes to our Divemaster Internship Program, we only allow participants who we think will contribute positively to our team, and entrance to this program is at our discretion.