I dived with Into the blue last week, and despite having an early meeting time was greeted by the staff with instant smiles and friendliness. Within 15 minutes the blond lady at reception had our whole groups paperwork sorted, gear packed, and introductions given.
There was a groupf of about 7 of us, and we all got to know eachother and the rest of the staff very well throughout the day. Everyone of the staff was friendly and happy to lend a helping hand, and they were very thorough and professional throughout the day.
The dive conditions didn't end up being so good, but the skipper GP was wise enough to call off the second dive for safety and we were sorted out back at the shop with rescheduling and refunds.
Very well done, and I would highly recommend for any divers visiting Cape town. I will be back to dive with Into the blue again!!!
PADI DIVEMASTER SCUBA DIVING COURSE CAPE TOWN - INTRODUCTION
Want to make scuba diving a part time or full time career? Then become a PADI Divemaster.
Divemaster is the first professional level in scuba diving. If you love scuba diving, becoming a divemaster will take your diving to a whole new level. With your PADI Divemaster certification, you can make scuba diving a part time or full time career. This is where the beach becomes your office. Surround yourself with sunshine, adventure, and vibrant people and do what you love for a living!
PADI is the most widely recognised certification authority in the world and becoming a PADI Divemaster is a great idea if you're into travelling. From Cape Town to Thailand, Mozambique, Tanzania, the Caribbean, Mexico, the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, the Mediterranean and many more. Add all these stamps to your passport as you work as a PADI Divemaster in some of the most exotic places on earth. If you're still not satisfied, jump on a yacht or a cruise liner doing what you love to do!
Well trained and competent Divemasters are essential to any scuba dive business. Therefore it is important that you choose your trainers and mentors carefully - to ensure that you get the best quality and training that you can. Into The Blue Dive Centre in Cape Town has an in-house IDC Staff Instructor, which means that you can be sure that you will receive the best education.
Quick overview of the PADI Divemaster Scuba Diving Course in Cape Town
This course can be completed at your own pace. Depending on your schedule and the season, it can span over a few weeks or even up to a year. The minimum time in which you can do the practical part is 24 days.
Your days will typically start at 8:30 in the morning, at our Cape Town office and finish at 18:00 in the afternoon.
We prefer if you do your Divemaster studies on an internship basis. This means that for the time that you do your courses with us, you become one of the staff and we involve you in the day to day running of our dive shop in Cape Town. The idea behind this is so that you get the maximum amount of exposure to the industry and see the inner workings of a dive shop first hand. In this way, your skills can be of real value to any dive shop that might make use of your services in the future.
You will learn the following:
- Lead certified divers on underwater tours in Cape Town
- Assist in the instruction of courses in Cape Town
- Conduct PADI discover scuba dive courses (after doing DSD leader)
- Lead discover local diving orientations
- Work with dive centres, at holiday resorts, cruise ships, yachts
- Teach and certify PADI skin divers.
PADI DIVEMASTER SCUBA DIVING COURSE OUTLINE
The PADI Divemaster Course consists out of the following:
Padi Divemaster Scuba Diving Course - Knowledge Development
This course has a significant component. You will get to know the answer to almost any question you ever had about scuba diving!
Topics that will be covered in your Divemaster studies are:
- The role and characteristics of a PADI Divemaster
- Supervising diving activities for certified divers
- Assisting with student divers in training
- Scuba dive theory introduction
- Diving equipment
- Decompression theory and dive tables
- Divemaster conducted programs
- Risk management
- Business of diving
- Furthering your scuba dive career
- 24 Basic water skills that the student needs to be able to execute to a high standard by the end of the course
- Successful execution of a simulated rescue dive scenario of a unresponsive non-breathing diver
- Performing a dive skill at demonstration quality
Padi Divemaster Scuba Diving Course - Water Skills and Stamina
The following will be done to test your stamina and fitness:
- A 400m timed swim without stopping
- A 15 minute water tread of which the last two minutes with hands out of the water
- A 800m timed snorkel swim without stopping
- A 100m timed tired diver tow
Padi Divemaster Scuba Diving Course - Practical Application
During your time as a Divemaster trainee, you will be putting into practice the skills of a typical Divemaster at our Cape Town shop. These include:
- 3 Training exercises
- Map making
- Underwater problem solving
- A Divemaster conducted program
- Assisting an instructor in PADI Courses
- Leading certified divers on dives
- Preparing and managing dive sites
In this part of the course you develop your Divemaster skills with training students, under the close supervision of a PADI dive instructor.
After you have completed your PADI Divemaster course, there is a registration fee to be paid to PADI of about 73 Euro.
PADI DIVEMASTER SCUBA DIVING COURSE – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is my Divemaster certification only valid in Cape Town?
No, through Padi your certification will be valid world wide
- How can I find work after I become a Divemaster?
As a PADI Divemaster, you will be able to log into the “pro” section of the PADI website. On PADI’s website there is a page where dive centres from all over the world post jobs that are available.
- What is next?
Become a PADI Instructor! Take your training to the next level and get seriously involved in the training of those wanting to scuba dive.