SNORKELING WITH SEALS Introduction
Are you looking for a fun activity to do, that won't break the bank? Snorkeling with seals in Cape Town is a lot of fun, and very adventurous! These animals are like “underwater dogs”. While being very slow (and a bit grumpy) above the water, they transform into playful acrobats when they are in the water - in their element!
The most seal action is typically in the top 5 meters of the ocean, and they come right up to the surface to breath, means which that you can be part of the action while snorkeling. Seals come right up to you, look you in the face, blow bubbles, bark, and play! Sometimes, you can have hundreds of seals around you, making this a truly spectacular wildlife event to witness! If they're in the mood they become quite interactive, playing all around you. Certain times of the year there are puppies around as well, which are very cute.
Not a certified diver? No problem! You can join your scuba friends on their excursion - let them dive below while you snorkel on top. With this activity, you can be sure to have just as much fun as them!
Snorkeling with seals is one of those "must do" adventure activities in Cape Town. Coupled with a fun boat ride this is quite a thrill.
You need to be able to swim to take part in this activity, and the minimum age is 10 years old.
SNORKELING WITH SEALS - ITINERARY
- Meeting time: Typically 8am, but other times can apply as well. Please confirm the time for the specific day that you book for with Into the Blue’s reception.
- Where to meet: At Into the Blue in Sea Point, 88 Main Road. Here we do the paperwork, and help you find the correct wetsuit for you. You can arrange for us to meet you at the launch site, but this must be arranged in advance so that we can pack gear for you.
- Duration of the activity: Drive to launch site from the shop: 30mins - 1 hour one way, depending on where we are launching on the day. Briefing and kitting up: 30 mins. Boat ride: Approx.10 mins one way. Time in water: 1 hour.
- What to bring: Snacks, towel, swimming clothes, sun screen.
GO SNORKELING WITH SEALS - OTHER INFO
- Snorkelers must be able to swim
- Items brought on board of the boat might get wet
- Pick-up’s and drop-off’s can be arranged from your hotel.
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- No scuba certification needed