Sodwana Bay is a scuba diving paradise! This 50 km reef has been classified as one of the top dive sites in the world with around 95 species of hard coral, soft coral, sponges and other invertebrates inhabiting the area. With more than 1200 fish species that call this part of the Indian Ocean home it is no wonder that the area is famous for scuba diving
While scuba diving you are bound to see animals such as Barracudas, Big Eye Soldier Fish, Black Tip Reef Sharks, Clownfish, Cod, Emperor Angelfish, Fusiliers, Lionfish, Morays, Parrot Fish, Potato Bass, Rays, Trumpet Fish, Turtles, Unicorn Fish, Whale Sharks and Yellow Snappers.
The area has much more to offer than just scuba diving with a active game and adventure sport industry, non divers will have a blast as well. These activities include quad bike riding, horse riding, kiteboarding and paintballing as well as day trips to Makhasa Game Reserve for Rhino or Buffalo viewing.
packages and pricing
|Return airport transfers between King Shaka Airport and Sodwana
(* Flights not included)
|10 Dives (2 per day x 5 days)|
|Weights and air for all dives|
|KZN Parks Fees|
|Self catering x 7 days (braai area, fully equipped kitchen, fridge)|
|Safari Tent x 7 days|
|Cabin (linen included) x 7 days|
|Cabin with en-suite bathroom (linen included) x 7days|
|Optional upgrades||Per item/day||7 days|
|Linen hire (tents only)||100||700|
|Buffet breakfast (7 days)||105||735|
|Buffet dinner (7days)||135||945|
|Buffet breakfast & dinner (7days)||200||1400|
|Nitrox Refills (per fill)||115||1610|
|Full gear rental||200||1400|
|Aircon (En-suite cabins only)||60||420|
Day 1: Meet at King Shaka Airport at 2:30 pm. Here we connect with our transfer, which will take us to Sodwana (approx. 4 hour ride). Check in at Coral Divers.
Day 2-6: 2 Dives each morning. Afternoons are free time.
Day 7: Early morning transfer from Sodwana Bay to Durban, arrival time at King Shaka Airport 10:30am.
information on accomodation and facilities
- All accommodation is serviced on a daily basis by housekeeping.
- Check in time: 14h00 - Check out time: 11h00
- All accommodation sleeps 2 persons per tent / cabin.
- Standard cabins and Safari tents do not have private bathrooms. Customers are required to use the communal ablutions. These ablutions are serviced daily and consist of 3 toilets, 2 showers and a bath. There is hot and cold running water, there are no plug points available.
- All cabins have linen provided (Sheets, Pillows, Duvets and Mosquito Nets.)
- Cabins with bathrooms have a toilet, basin and open air shower.
- All cabins have electricity with plug points.
- KEY DEPOSIT: A refundable deposit of R50.00 will be charged per cabin
- Tents have two single beds and a light. There are no plug points in tents. Customers are required to provide their own linen.
- Linen can be hired for a refundable deposit of R100.00 per person.
- Children aged 3 and under are free of charge. This includes the accommodation (staying with parents), KZN fees and catering.
- Children aged between 4 and 12 years of age will be charged at 50% the adult rate for accommodation, KZN fees and catering.
- Parents that require their child to be accommodated in their cabin/tent are required to bring a mattress and bedding for the child. We do not charge for children 12 and under where the parents supply the mattress and linen.
- The reception is open from 7am to 9:30pm daily, however the accounts department is only available from 7am to 3:30pm
- Your cell phone and rechargeable camera batteries can be charged at reception. Please provide a charger and note that all items are left at your own risk.
- There is a swimming pool for guests in front of the veranda.
- Towels can be obtained from the reception upon receipt of a refundable deposit.
- Coral Divers has full self catering facilities for self catered guests and 70 personalised storage fridges. Please bring your own fridge locks ( Long Paddock size 32mm) . Cutlery and crockery are provided in the kitchen. Self catered that would like to take our catered option can book for dinner before 12pm on the day you require dinner and the previous day you require breakfast. Prices are available at reception.
- A fire is lit on request in the boma braai area at 5:30pm.
- Catered guests can expect a full buffet in the morning and the evening. Breakfast is served from 6:30am until 10:30am and dinner is served from 6:30pm until 8:30pm.
- Takeaways are available from 7am to 8pm and can be ordered from the bar.
- The Coral Divers facilities include a communal pool deck and dining area, fully licensed bar, TV room with DSTV and internet.The internet facility is available in the TV/sitting area. Internet credit can be purchased from the bar or the reception. Public telephones are located outside near the boma.
- A free shuttle service is available for all Coral Divers guests to and from the beach. It will leave from the pool deck 45 minutes before each launch and return after your dive.
All of the activities in and around the surrounding area are available - such as quad biking, deep sea fishing, snorkelling, micro lighting, walks around the area, trips to the lakes etc. Rates and activities will be supplied on request.
Isimangaliso do not allow any form of motorbike (road/off road/quad bike) into the park. You will be required to make alternative arrangements if your mode of transport is on a motorbike.
Only 4x4 vehicles may drive onto the beach however they may not park in the launch site. All other vehicles must park in the beach parking area. If you are making use of your own transport and not using the courtesy shuttle then you will need to be on the beach 30 minutes prior to your launch.
The Silversands shop is the only convenience store located within the park. It is situated opposite the fuel pumps near the KZN Wildlife reception. It is open from 8am – 5pm Monday to Saturday and from 8am – 1pm on Sundays.
- The nearest bank is Capitec Bank in Mbazwana. There are a variety of banks available in Hluhluwe.
- Dr Okesola is a GP whose rooms are located in Mbazwana. He may be reached on 035 571 0056.
- Mseleni Hospital is 45 minutes from Sodwana and the number there is 035 574 1004.
how to book
Bookings are confirmed with a R2000 non-refundable deposit. Final amount to be paid minimum 15 days before departure.
Into the Blue
Nedbank Branch Code: 123 209 00
Account number: 1066 426 899