Do you get lost easily underwater? Do you have trouble navigating your way through a dive site? Or do you just feel uncomfortable unless you have a Divemaster leading you? Then the PADI Underwater Navigator specialty course is the right one for you!
It will teach you the confidence to feel safe and at ease when diving on your own or with a buddy, without a Divemaster present.
After completing this course you will feel much more capable at dive planning, and in natural and compass navigating techniques. Take control of where your scuba diving will take you, and expand your horizons in leadership and confidence!
Quick overview of the PADI Underwater Navigator Course in Cape Town
- You must have your PADI Open Water certification
- Duration: 3 scuba dives (minimum 2 days)
- Minimum age: 12
- Duration is 3 days:
It will focus on, the importance of navigation underwater, distance estimation, natural navigation, under water patterns, compass navigation and scuba dive site relocation.
- Extra equipment: a compass.
- Bring your swimsuit, sunscreen, towel, and a snack.
We meet each morning at the Into the Blue shop in Cape Town as our central starting point. Here we do registration, theory and we also get your equipment. Meeting times are normally at 09:15. You can expect to be finished between 3 and 6 in the afternoon, depending on where we are diving on that day. Your will do both theory and practical which will comprise of:
There are two theory parts:
- PADI Underwater Navigator Video
- PADI Underwater Navigator Manual, complete and review the Knowledge reviews
- Scuba Dive One:
- Natural and Compass Navigation
- Distance estimation
- Navigate in a straight line using natural navigation
- Navigate in a straight line using compass navigation
- Navigate in a square pattern using a compass
- Scuba Dive Two:
- Navigating a route with a compass
- Multiple- leg compass course
- Fixing a specific location for relocation
- Scuba Dive Three:
- Navigating a route with a compass and underwater marker
- Underwater compass course
- Relocate location from dive two